The Single Leg Romanian Deadlift (RDL),
A Great Deadlift Alternative!
The 1 leg dumbbell “RDL” is an excellent posterior chain exercise (hamstrings, glutes and lower back). As an added benefit, you learn how to balance on one foot!
Here’s how you do it. Make sure to watch the video!
- Stand holding dumbbells in front of your thighs with a pronated grip (palms facing your body)
- Curl 1 leg up slightly so you are balancing on 1 leg
- Take a deep breath and hold it while you start the movement by pushing your hips back
- Let your knees bend slightly
- Lower the weights past your knees as far as you can while maintaining a flat back (natural arch)
- To complete the movement, focus on squeezing your glutes (ass muscles) while you drive your hips forward
- Keep your core tight throughout the movement
Anytime you see the word “Romanian”
in a deadlift variation, start the movement
with your hips moving back.
…And For The Love Of God, Don’t Be This Guy!!