Fish oil for weight loss?
Discover this truth and many more!
Let me guess, you tried it once but couldn’t stand the fish burps… I’ve been talking about fish oil for over 12 years and it’s kinda ironic to finally see fish oil actually being advertised on TV by big Pharma!
If your goals include weight loss, building lean muscle and improving overall health,
fish oil has many potential benefits
DHA and EPA are the primary beneficial elements in fish oil.
1. For starters, they help keep your cell membranes healthy. This means that the membranes are flexible and contain a larger number of insulin receptors. This increases your insulin sensitivity and results in decreased fat storage in the fat cells. In other words, you will tolerate carbs better!
4. They reduce C-reactive proteins. This protein is a risk factor contributing to various inflammatory diseases, including heart disease, atherosclerosis, stroke, congestive heart failure, angina, coronary , heart attack , and diabetes. DHA is one of the elements of the fish oil that seems to be the most responsible for that protective effect.
5. The DHA component of fish oil also has the best ability to reduce blood pressure.
6. Fish oil has demonstrated strong anti-inflamatory effects which helps with pain management.
7. Once the omega-3 fats of fish oil are incorporated into your fat cells, your body will prefer to burn fat for energy… Yet another fish oil weight loss benefit!
8. Related to #6, fish oil can reduce inflammation from physical stress and training.
9. Fish oils are superb for fighting stress but I’m sure you have none of that. For equal amounts of stress, a person will produce fewer stress hormones if consuming fish oils on a regular basis.
11. Fish oils will improve your cardiovascular risk profile. I have experienced this personally. They can lower VLDL, triglycerides, fibrinogen, homocysteine, and increase HDL levels. Combining fish oils with plant sterols will improve blood lipid levels in a synergistic fashion (2+2=8).
12. But wait, there’s more, and it’s called Lipoprotein (a). This protein is a CVD predictor and guess what? It can be lowered by consuming fish oils. Fish oils can also decrease blood pressure many ways:
- increases in the vasodilatory compound
- nitric oxide,
- reducing vascular inflammation,
- blocking the constrictive elements in the vascular wall
- reducing blood viscosity
- inhibiting a blood vessel constrictor.
13. EPA regulates the blood supply to your brain which is essential in maintaining focus during your workouts and when your husband or wife is talking to you after a long day! DHA is important in brain membranes, memory, and cognitive function.
Assuming that a nutrient dense nutrition plan is followed, using fish oil for weight loss is just one of many benefits I hope you have learned.
The capitalize on the benefits, enough fish oil must be consumed and it must be very high quality.
The primary brand I use and trust is Carlson’s liquid fish oil. Don’t use the capsules. They are more likely to cause the dreaded fish burp and you will need to consume many capsules (10-30 per day!). In liquid form, it’s as simple as taking 1 to 3 teaspoons once or twice daily depending on body weight and goals.
If you found this article helpful you can easily share it with your friends by using the buttons below!